In this tutorial you will learn how to use the flood fill/paint bucket tool.
First, save a background tile to your computer.
So you have a sample to work with.
- Open any of the tile patterns you wish to use.
- Click on NEW to create a new image.
- This opens a "New image" window.
To add the background to an entire page, use the following tings:
width: 8.5"; height: 11"; Resolution 197; Raster Background; 16 Bit color depth.
- Click OK.
- Click on the "Flood Fill" tool.
- Go to the material pallette and click on the foreground color.
(click on the box with a pattern)
- A menu pops up. There are three tabs at the top Color, Gradient, and Pattern. Choose Pattern.
- Then click on the box with the pattern shown and all your opened patterns will appear.
- After you find the one you want to use, click on it.
- Make the pattern smaller by scaling it down to 40.
(You can make it larger or smaller.)
Click on the OK button.
- And finally, place your flood fill tool on the blank page and click.
- Save your image.
BACK TO HELP AND TUTORIALS